Oct 5, 2021
Topic: Student Learning
Make Attendance a Priority!
Monitor your child’s attendance and participation and contact the teacher to address any concerns.
• Get and post your child’s class schedule and log in information on the refrigerator or your child’s desk.
• Make sure your child gets the flu vaccine and other required shots.
• Find out if your child feels safe. Make sure that school discipline policies don’t lead to your child becoming disengaged or pushed out of school. If these are problems, work with your school to find a solution.
• If your child seems bored or anxious about school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents for advice on how to make your child feel safe and excited about learning.
• Ask for help when you need it. School staff, after-school program providers, and other parents or community agencies are available to help families access online learning, obtain food or housing and address other experiences that make it difficult to attend and participate.
Visit Attendance Works for more information.